- First Prize - RM 250
- Second Prize - RM 150
- Third Prize - RM 100
Contestant Eligibility and Requirements
- The competition is open to contestants of any nationality and all ages.
- Contestants under the age of 12 years will require parental consent to join the competition.
- Contestants must present one piece of valid identification (such as identity card, driver's license, or passport), during the confirmation of participation.
- Attach the PDF together with the necessary files and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to top
How To Register
- Registration is FREE! No participation fees will be charged.
- Read ALL of the Rules and Regulations featured on this page.
- Download the entry form here.
- Fill up the form and save it.
- Attach the DOC together with the necessary files and send it to email@example.com
- Application forms must include the following items:
- Personal photo (for publicity purposes, so please do not submit a passport photo.)
- Minus-1/no-vocal tracks of their song(s) of choice.
- Applications must reach the DaiCon Committee before 4th July 2009
- Online registration (via email) is only for booking a slot in the competition. Confirmation of registration is to be done during the event day at least ONE HOUR before the competition starts.
- Contestants are required to assemble TWENTY (20) minutes before the competition starts (will be notified). Should any contestant fail to do so, he or she will be forfeited automatically.
- Limited to 24 participants. Participation is on a first come first serve basis.
Back to top
Karaoke Competition Rules
- The competition will be held on Day 1 (11th July 2009). A detailed schedule will be announced in the near future.
- This competition is an individual competition.
- However, participants are allowed to perform as a group of not more than three (3) members.
- Judging for group performances will still be based on individual performance.
- The competition will be divided into two rounds; preliminaries and finals
- Best three (or best six depending on the number of participants) will be chosen to compete for the finals
- Participants must submit at least TWO (2) songs. The reason to why we require 2 songs will be explained below.
- Shall there be a redundant submission of songs by two or more participants, the earliest participant will be given priority over the song.
- Other participants will be informed of its redundancy and can either choose to use the same song or pick their second choice.
- Judges are allowed to comment during finals only.
- WE WILL NOT ALLOW A REPETTITION OF SONGS MORE THAN TWICE. The affected participant will be notified.
- If the participant is selected for the finals, he or she can either choose to sing the same song sang in the preliminaries or his/her second song of choice.
- IMPORTANT! As we are running at a tight schedule, there will be a 2-minute time limit imposed for the preliminaries.
- Contestants are allowed to sing full-length songs during the finals.
- You can either send us a modified-to-2-minutes copy of the minus-1 OR you can choose to use the original version and allow us to ring you out when the time is up.
- Leniency on time will be given depending on the song as we realise it is virtually hard to end all songs in 2 minutes.
- Participants must perform songs which are categorized under either one of these categories:
- Anime theme songs
- Game theme songs
- Each participant will receive a number tag upon registration. Participants are required to wear this tag during the duration of the competition.
- Those without tags will not be allowed to enter the competition area. There will be no replacement for lost tags.
- Contestants will be using the microphone provided by the organizers. Use of personal microphones is strictly prohibited.
- Contestants are not allowed to bring any backup instruments, singers or dancers on stage.
- Participants are NOT ALLOWED to bring the lyrics along on stage.
- Lyrics will NOT BE PROVIDED.
- Foul language is not allowed.
- The organizer reserves the right to exchange the prizes to anything of equal value or more.
- Prizes are not exchangeable.
Back to top
- The Organizer reserves the right to change the structure of the Competition as it sees fit including, adding, deleting or changing, auditions, competitions, venues, and contestants to the Competition.
- The Organizer also reserves the right to request additional performances from the Contestants or changing the anticipated competition schedule.
- All personal details and information requested by and supplied to the Organizer by each Contestant must be truthful, accurate and in no way misleading.
- The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any Contestant from the Competition in its sole discretion, should the Contestant at any stage supply untruthful, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information or should the Contestant be ineligible for the Competition pursuant to the Competition Rules.
- The administrator has the right to include any candidate's biography (edited as appropriate) in the printed programme.
- The jury has the right to stop any candidate's performance at any stage of the competition.
- Prizes are awarded, and may be withheld, at the jury's sole discretion.
- The jury's decisions are final.
- The organizers reserve the right to record or broadcast any part of the preliminaries or final without payment to the participants.
- The organizers cannot accept liability for any loss or injury arising in connection with any candidate's participation in the Competition howsoever caused.
- The Organizer will have no liability to a Contestant who is unable to attend or take part in any part of the Competition for whatever reason, as determined by the Organizer in its sole discretion.
- The Organizer reserves the right to amend the Competition Rules or terminate the Competition at any time without any liability to any Contestants.
- Should there be any inquiries regarding the rules and regulations, please do not hesitate to send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to top
Judges' Scoring Scheme
- Originality/style: 20 points
- Pitch/tune: 25 points
- Feel/mood: 10 points
- Professionalism: 10 points
- Vocal skill: 25 points
- Note hold: 10 points
- Total score: 100 points
Back to top